2012年8月22日星期三

GPS and Sunglasses Extracted from Car on S Broadway


A lot more than $700 worth of belongings were stolen from a woman's vehicle that has been parked overnight on South Broadway yesterday, police say.

The owner of a 2010 Ford Escape reported someone had stolen a $200 GPS, a $500 two of prescription sunglasses and several clothing from the vehicle. The lady reported the automobile ended up being left locked at 6 p.m. on Aug. 9 along with the property was gone by 2 p.m. on Aug. 10.

There was no problems for the automobile, according to a police report.
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. — “Mama, tips on how to create a bridge?” This is actually the question from my 4-year-old daughter Scarlett using the backseat along the way to her swim lesson. She’s looking especially cute in her bright pink Elton John sunglasses today. She's in a really curious stage, communicating with them about everything we pass.

“Wow, that of a great question for Daddy,” I say. He's an engineer. "Will you remind me ought to him after we see him in your own home?”

After the swim lesson about the press home, I turn on radio stations. It’s an NPR announcer telling us around the people shot in the movies in Colorado, while you're watching the most up-to-date Batman movie. And before I can switch it to Baby Beluga, I listen to the backseat, “Mama, the individuals died?”

Death is really a new subject for people. Her friend Niko includes a dog who recently died. Scarlett contributing to a 6 other kids in their preschool remind me of the daily. Whenever we’re playing outside Scarlett also wants to mention spiders or ants or “callapitters” who may have died. “Mama, look! That spider’s dead!!” I do think she would like me to react as dramatically as her.

I just respond with, “oh really?” when what I’m actually thinking is, what has to be undergoing her head when she hears the phrase “dead” around the radio? And ways in which can I keep her from having the dark reality of my job?

Every single day component of my routine is to scan the wires and newspapers and look for stories that pertain to the southwest region. And almost everyday I encounter a disturbing story. One of several messages during my inbox obtain will be the latest Juarez death toll. The worst is when I just read a tale that involves kids.

Most parents grapple with how to protect their children through the darker truths. Fortunately our house lives a life -- unlike many of the world -- the location where the only time we listen to death is when we want to.

Nor Scarlett or her sister watch much TV (so when they certainly it’s Sesame Street or Dora the Explorer) or focus on what is the news on the radio (unless Mama’s on).

For the moment when she's questions, I could answer her simply and honestly.

“Yes, honey, those people died ... Ok now what song do you need to hear?”

I’m just grateful she’s easily distracted. Yes , it won’t last.

没有评论:

发表评论